I'm curious as to why the price of the app increased from $49.99 in February when I last looked?

Options
csgordon
csgordon
Community Member

Back in February the price of your app was $49.99. Now it's $64.99. I'd like to understand why this increase happened.
Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I'm curious as to why the price of the app increased from $49.99 in February to its current $64.99?

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hey there @csgordon,

That's a good question.

The price changed when we started bundling the licenses for Windows and Mac together. Previously you could buy it bundled or buy one license or the other. Now you always buy a license for both platforms.

This was done to try and simplify licensing for our users.

• csgordon
    csgordon
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the explanation. I only use the Mac platform, so I wish there were a way to rollback the price! Just curious, did you make this decision after surveying your users?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@csgordon,

Consider it an informal survey. :sunglasses: We've been fielding "which license do I need?" and "why doesn't my license work on my PC?" questions for years, so it was the natural progression to simplify things. Either you have a license or a subscription to 1Password Families. Either you can be sure you can use 1Password everywhere you need it.

This discussion has been closed.