Watchtower warning didn't go away when changing my password on the site [Login didn't update]

KarstenG
KarstenG
Community Member
edited May 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I got alerted that my gmail pw might be vulnerable. changed it using 1PW PW generator but after that the alert is still there. What am I supposed to do to get rid of the alert? Version 4.6.0.604 Win 10 Pro

1Password Version: see above
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: see above
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @KarstenG,

When you changed the password, did 1Password prompt to update the Login item for Gmail? If not, your Login item hasn't changed with the new password yet and that's why you still see the warning.

To find the new password you've generated, open the main 1Password program, unlock, and select the Generated Passwords on the left sidebar. If you don't see it, go to the View Menu to select it.

Now, sort the Generated Passwords by date and you should see the one for Gmail on top. Copy its password and then edit your Login item for Gmail to change its password to this new one and save it. It'll then remove the warning.

I hope this helps.

• KarstenG
    KarstenG
    Community Member

manually replacing the pw in 1pw solved the issue.

• That's great to hear.

Am I correct to understand 1Password extension didn't prompt to update the Login item for you? If so, we'll test it and see if we can improve this.

This discussion has been closed.