primary vault synced to Dropbox; however there is no HTML file when I browse to it

dougberman
dougberman
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Mac

For reasons in which I can't explain, 1password began syncing with icloud. This is not what I had in mind. I used to by synced with dropbox. I went to preferences, deleted iCloud and repointed syncing to Dropbox. I deleted the old 1Password folder (and sub folders) and created a new one. I than set my primary vault to point and use Dropbox. Unfortunately, when I browse to Dropbox online, there is no html file.

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.3
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dougberman,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

There are actually a couple factors at play here. The first is that we switched the default sync format from Agile Keychain to OPVault which has never included an HTML file to enable use of the 1PasswordAnywhere feature.

On top of that, 1PasswordAnywhere (accessing your data through Dropbox using the HTML file) has recently been retired. You can read the full details here:

Moving Beyond 1PasswordAnywhere

Please do read Dave's post there for the current options available to you and let me know if you have any additional questions. I'd be happy to provide further assistance if necessary.

• dougberman
    dougberman
    Community Member

Thanks, Khad.

I'll give families a whirl.

/db

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dougberman,

I hope you love 1Password Families - we’d love to hear your thoughts, and as Khad says, we’re always here if you have any questions or concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.