Kickstarter auto-fill login fails

janke
janke
Community Member

Hi, AgileBits folks,

Minor bug report here. The 1Password browser plugin's auto-fill login support is not working for me on kickstarter.com. This has been happening for a while, but I'm only now getting around to filing a bug report.

I am running Mac OS X 10.9.5, and tested this on both Firefox (currently 46.0.1, but also happened on some earlier versions) and Safari 9.1. When I go to kickstarter.com, click the Login link in the upper right, the login "dialog" appears. If I hit Cmd-\, both the username and password fields get filled in (I can see the password-masking dots appear in the password field), and it autosubmits. But then the web page gives me an error message saying "The email address and password you entered do not match". My stored password is correct: if I manually enter my email address in the username field, and use the copy-to-clipboard functionality from the 1Password browser extension's toolbar button to manually copy and paste my password in to the password field, it works, and I get logged in.

Maybe it's some JS or something else interfering with recognition of the entered password?

Not urgent and not serious. I can still log in to kickstarter.com just fine using manual copy-and-paste. Just wanted to mention it because this is a big site that probably a lot of your users are logging in to. And because I find it annoying when a web site's custom dynamic stuff breaks 1Password. Bad Kickstarter, bad!

I also tested this on OS X 10.11, with 1Password 6.2.1 and 1Password 4.5.6 in Firefox 46.0.1, and it works there: the username and password fields are filled in, but the form is not auto-submitted. And when I manually click the "Log me in!" button, the login succeeds.

Cheers,
Andrew

1Password Version: 4.4.2
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.9.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Kickstarter login failure

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for reporting this, @janke!

Both filling and autosubmit are working correctly for me in the latest versions of 1Password (6.2.1) and the 1Password extension (4.5.6). I tested in Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. So I'm guessing we can get it working for you as well. :)

Quick aside for 1Password 4

We won't be issuing any updates for 1Password 4 since it is several years old at this point, but you might be able to work around the issue there by disabling autosubmit for that Login item and submitting the form manually. Edit the Login item and change the Submit value to "Never submit".

That's in the old version of 1Password.

Autosubmit in 1Password 6

In the current version, autosubmit should be working. Are you using the version of 1Password 6 from the Mac App Store or from our website?

Try toggling "Automatically sign in…" OFF then back ON in Preferences > Browsers:

This discussion has been closed.