Safari Extension can't be installed

pedropavanato
pedropavanato
Community Member

Hi! I just purchased 1Password :)
I'm trying to install Safari's extension, but it is not working. After I download the extension file and try to install it, it does not appear on my Safari Extensions panel. I tried to install it several times - even after reboot my computer - but I can't see the extension on the list.

Any idea? :)

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pedropavanato,

I'm sorry you're having trouble installing the extension in Safari! It's very strange that it seems to work correctly but then doesn't show up in the list of extensions. But I'm sure we can figure this out one way or another. By the way, thank you very much for the screenshots, they're really helpful for us! :)

Now this is probably a silly question, but just to make sure - when you see the message asking if you want to install the extension (from your first screenshot), you're clicking the Trust button, right?

If you click Trust but then nothing happens and the extension doesn't appear in the list, try quitting and restarting Safari, then try again to install the 1Password extension. If that doesn't help, try this:

• Reboot your Mac (important).
    • After the restart, open the following link in Safari: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions
    • Click the big green Install button, and follow the steps on the new page to install the extension.

If the same problem still happens, you can try installing it from the Safari Extensions Gallery:

• Open Safari and go to the menu for Safari > Safari Extensions...
    • If 1Password is listed at the top, click on that (if not, you can search for it in the 'Search' field).
    • Click the Install now link.

Does that work? Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• pedropavanato
    pedropavanato
    Community Member

Hi Drew! Please see me comments below:

Now this is probably a silly question, but just to make sure - when you see the message asking if you want to install the extension (from your first screenshot), you're clicking the Trust button, right?
    YES

If you click Trust but then nothing happens and the extension doesn't appear in the list, try quitting and restarting Safari, then try again to install the 1Password extension.
    Did not work.

If that doesn't help, try this:
    Reboot your Mac (important).
    After the restart, open the following link in Safari: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions
    Click the big green Install button, and follow the steps on the new page to install the extension.
    Did not work as well.

If the same problem still happens, you can try installing it from the Safari Extensions Gallery:
    Open Safari and go to the menu for Safari > Safari Extensions...
    If 1Password is listed at the top, click on that (if not, you can search for it in the 'Search' field).
    Click the Install now link.
    It worked! \o/

Thanks a lot!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pedropavanato,

Thanks for the detailed response! I’m glad to hear that you were able to install the extension eventually. :)

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you!

• pedropavanato
    pedropavanato
    Community Member

Thanks, team!
    :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

• bruijnesteijn
    bruijnesteijn
    Community Member

I had the same problem and indeed the suggested solution worked e.g. installing through Safari preferences.

Still I think you should look into the fact that the download/installation doesn't work. Never had the problem before with previous versions. Or remove that option all together, I am a pretty experienced computer user and know my way around finding possible solutions, but the majority of users are less experienced people and will get lost. Probably also not contact you and just abandon the good security practise. They need to be able to rely on no-nonsense click & play installations.

No criticism, but caring for more average users and it saves me time helping friends. As you probably experience yourself, as soon as someone finds out you're in IT....you're the expert and first line help desk in the weekend

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@bruijnesteijn thanks for the feedback. I've passed the suggestion along.

ref: OPX-1183.

This discussion has been closed.