Moving to drop box problem [Fixed on its own later, possible throttling-related]

Options
pekellyco
pekellyco
Community Member
edited May 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am 69 years old and trying to move my passwords to dropbox so I can update a small computer I use when I travel. I went to preferences and tried to use the sync button but it is not highlighted. I rebooted the computer and nothing happen. I am longing for being able to call you instead of sending an email.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:sync-options, ug:windows/sync-dropbox, kb:move-vault

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pekellyco: It sounds like you may already have a vault of the same name in Dropbox, which will prevent the current one from being copied there, or it may already be in Dropbox itself. Be sure to look in your Dropbox folder to see what's there, and the vault path shown in 1Password Preferences > General. Let me know what you find!

Also, we are a small team and don't have the means to provide inbound phone support, so we try our best to solve problems via forums or email if at all possible. For example, it is impossible to receive a Diagnostics Report over the phone, and following steps at your own pace is a huge advantage of forum and email support.

But of course if you would prefer email support, you can email us instead: support+forum@agilebits.com It is the same team of people replying both here and via email, but if you prefer email, please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" and attach a Diagnostics Report. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track down your email and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. Thanks in advance! :)

• pekellyco
    pekellyco
    Community Member
    Options

I have no idea what I did last night but the file got posted to my dropbox and subsequently into the dropbox on my second computer. All is good until I have to do it again.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @pekellyco,

It is possible you were being throttled by Dropbox and it had to be slowed down before it can finish moving all of the files to all computers for you. If that's the case, things will be much better from now on as you no longer have to move a lot of files when doing the initial sync. Right now, any changes you make to 1Password will only require a few files to be updated instead of the entire database.

I'm glad to hear everything is good now.

This discussion has been closed.