DropBox:- Cannot sync my new W10 PC, but ipad & iphone sync OK.

Options

1Password on W7 PC, iPad & iPhone, syncing via Dropbox. A few months ago I suspected PC no longer syncing, but forgot about it. Just upgraded to new W10 PC, installed 1Password OK, but it won't sync with iPad &iPhone. iPad & iPhone sync via Dropbox OK. Tried to set up PC to sync via Dropbox, but it said I needed to install the Dropbox App. I've installed that App but 1Password STILL tells me I have to install it.
Also have problem that the W7/10 Vault is now out of step (for 5 months of edits) with that used by iPhone & iPad & I cannot afford to lose the edits on either Apple or Windows devices.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:DropBox:- Cannot sync my new W10 PC, but ipad & iphone sync OK.

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @naggles,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you're having with 1Password. Have you restarted your computer after installing Dropbox? That might help all the apps recognise the changes that have been done. Please check if this helps and let us know the outcome.

About the other computer that isn't working properly, could you please go through this troubleshooting guide and see if it helps: https://support.1password.com/dropbox-troubleshooting/? It will help you solve your problem or figure out exactly where the process is failing.

Please let us know how this goes for you! :chuffed:

• naggles
    naggles
    Community Member
    Options

Just for clarity, my ipad and iphone 1Password vaults were syncing perfectly with Dropbox in the cloud, whereas my PC version was effectively operating standalone. Using the information you sent me, I thought I'd managed to set up my PC to sync with the Dropbox (cloud) vault. However now my PC 1Password does NOT show some changes I made on my iPad a few days ago, so either my PC is still not syncing with Dropbox (cloud) vault, or the cloud vault has been overwritten with my PC vault. Is there any way I can check whether the PC vault is the same as, or different from, the cloud dropbox vault? Of even more concern however is that my ipad 1Password now shows NO DATA at all, even though it is still set up to sync with Dropbox. Strangely my iphone however still shows the data that was in the ipad/iphone/dropbox vault as of yesterday - I've now switched my iphone off, and will not open 1Password on it again until I am confident that it will have it's vault deleted or overwritten by my PC Vault !!! My iphone is now the only place i KNOW I have the original ipad/iphone/dropbox vault! Hope this makes sense to you. As I have nearly 400 entries on 1Password, i'm very concerned about losing additions/ammendments made over the last few months in either my PC vault or my ipad/iphone/dropbox vault.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @naggles,

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report from your PC and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.