New computer setup

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Where can I find my account key?.

Comments

• caitlinscanlon
    caitlinscanlon
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I am trying to add my 1 pass onto a new computer for an employee of mine. We downloaded the proper desktop app for her operating software, but I was not prompted to log into my account, instead to create a new account/Master Password. How can I load all of my 1password info onto her computer without the Master Key?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @caitlinscanlon,

I'm sorry about the confusion about how 1Password works. I checked your license and you bought a standalone license that is meant for just one person to use. The best way for you to share 1Password with your employees is to get a 1Password for Teams account. A Teams subscription would make it easy for you to set your employee up with their own information and they wouldn't need to know you Master Password. You'd get many benefits form a Teams account, like being able to share passwords securely. You can read everything about 1Password for Teams here: https://blog.agilebits.com/2015/11/03/introducing-1password-for-teams/

Please let us know if you have any other questions that w can help you with :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@caitlinscanlon: I've split you off into a separate discussion so we don't confuse things for the person who'd asked the original question. :)

I'm sorry for the confusion! They just have to use the link in their license email to install the app, and then use their license key from the same email to register it (Help > Enter License Key).

If you'd also like to share a vault with them, you can do so using Dropbox Sync. Otherwise they'll only have the data in their own vault.

You don't appear to have a 1Password Account. You only would if you were subscribed to 1Password Teams (or Families). Rather, you have a single license which entitles you to use 1Password on all of your personal computers.

I hope this helps. be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.