Chrome Extention - New Tabs

Options

Until very recently, whenever I used 1Password's Chrome Extension to go to a site, it opened a new tab. However, just recently, for one site I frequent, it does not open a new tab. In fact it appears that I get no response whatsoever. If I open 1Password itself and ask it to open the site in Google Chrome, it does open a new tab. Also, once I do that, I can no longer get 1Password to open a new tab for other sites.

I cannot find any guidance to suggest this is a setting in either the Extension or the program itself.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604 (15)
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90 (Google Chrome)
OS Version: 6.2.9200
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:one password won't launch new tab in Chrome, kb:browser-extension

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Brodell,

Open Chrome and click on the 1Password icon and go to Settings > Open Login, is it set to New Tab? If not, select New Tab and restart Chrome, see if it is better now.

• Brodell
    Brodell
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it is set to New Tab, and I haven't changed the setting anytime recently. At first this was happening with only one site. Now it seems to be happening to others, BUT not all...

• Brodell
    Brodell
    Community Member
    Options

I have even closed out and rebooted to ensure it wasn't something in the cache.

• MikeT
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @Brodell,

We haven't made any code changes related to this for a few months. You said until very recently, can you give me a timeframe, is it days, weeks or months?

Do you see this same behavior in other browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox or Opera?

• Brodell
    Brodell
    Community Member
    Options

Days. I think a week, 7-10 days. I only use Chrome, so I can't answer about IE, Firefox or Opera.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Brodell,

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.