Unable to start sync

Options
marcellogianola
marcellogianola
Community Member
edited May 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I wish to start sync between PC Windows and iOS over wifi, but when I click on File-Wi-Fi sync, the title of the window is "Wi-Fi sync - status: inactive". The PC is connected to a local network. How can I do to start sync correctly? Please, explain with screenshot because I have basic knowledge of English...

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: Windows 10 1511 10586.318 64 bit
Sync Type: Wi-Fi

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @marcellogianola,

Do you have data on your iOS device already or do you see this:

• marcellogianola
    marcellogianola
    Community Member
    Options

I have no data on iOS device, only on Windows. I input the data manually? It is only 2 passwords for now...

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @marcellogianola,

You don't have to re-enter the data, I just need to know because the instruction is different if you are starting out with no data on the iOS or if you have data.

Here's how to make it work:

• marcellogianola
    marcellogianola
    Community Member
    Options

I followed all steps, but I mean this:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

@marcellogianola: Indeed, the sync status window in 1Password for Windows will remain "inactive" until 1Password for iOS is open and ready to sync. Are you seeing your PC show up in the Wi-Fi Sync settings in 1Password for iOS?

If not, something may be preventing your devices from "seeing" each other on the network so they can communicate. Please follow the steps in this guide to narrow down the problem:

Wi-Fi Sync troubleshooting

You can also use this Google Translate link and change the language to your own: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=es&u=https://support.1password.com/wifi-troubleshooting/

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• marcellogianola
    marcellogianola
    Community Member
    Options

I have followed all the steps and I see the computer name on iOS, but is still inactive. The pc is ethernet, not Wi-Fi. I retry on my Wi-Fi laptop?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@marcellogianola: Having the PC connected to the router via ethernet is fine so long as the iPS device is connected to the same router via Wi-Fi.

When you see the computer name in 1Password for iOS, tap on it, and then you can add the "secret" from 1Password for Windows so they can sync, and then tap Sync Now:

If you're still having trouble, are you receiving some sort of error on iOS?

• marcellogianola
    marcellogianola
    Community Member
    Options

Now it work! I found some missed settings in the Windows firewall: I set all 1password rules for both public and private ...

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @marcellogianola,

I'm glad you got it to work. If there's anything we can do to help, let us know.

This discussion has been closed.