1 Touch Lock Desktop/1 Touch Lock File or Folder?

Options

Just started using the software; love it. However, it seems to me such software would intuitively include 1 touch locking of the desktop (so it's immediate and only unlockable via PW) and 1 touch lock file/folder (ie right click folder 'lock with 1Password')

I imagine people would pay handsomely and quickly?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @tony_smith23,

Are you asking if 1Password could support locking your PC and to encrypt local files/folders on your drive?

• tony_smith23
    tony_smith23
    Community Member
    Options

yea but im not much of a tech head;

• MikeT
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @tony_smith23,

The locking of the desktop might not be technically feasible because that would be overriding the OS and that's not something we're interested in doing.

We don't have any plans to do a local file/folder encryption product but we do have support for Secure Storage within 1Password Families and Teams that's coming in the next major version of 1Password for Windows. You can upload files into 1Password and remove it from your drive, we'll encrypt it and host it for you via 1Password.com and any other 1Password apps.

• tony_smith23
    tony_smith23
    Community Member
    Options

sounds cool

• tony_smith23
    tony_smith23
    Community Member
    Options

is there a current solution to folder locking you can recommend?

• tony_smith23
    tony_smith23
    Community Member
    Options

this 1password is great technology

• tony_smith23
    tony_smith23
    Community Member
    Options

my other Q was simple; if someone logs in to my reddit acct for example from another country, will it stop them? even if they know my reddit PW?

• tony_smith23
    tony_smith23
    Community Member
    Options

eg a "1Password" media folder on your PC?

• tony_smith23
    tony_smith23
    Community Member
    Options

so you can just drag/drop?

• tony_smith23
    tony_smith23
    Community Member
    Options

I assume thats the future of this field

• tony_smith23
    tony_smith23
    Community Member
    Options

Id pay $99 right now for the package that did that; so would about 100million others in 1yr if advertised properly

• tony_smith23
    tony_smith23
    Community Member
    Options

so theres like 1 billion

• tony_smith23
    tony_smith23
    Community Member
    Options

oops maths

• tony_smith23
    tony_smith23
    Community Member
    Options

$10bn

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @tony_smith23,

You can edit your posts if you want. If you hover over your message, there's a gear icon that'll show up on top right of the message to let you edit.

is there a current solution to folder locking you can recommend?

Depending on your needs and Windows version, Windows has built-in support for encrypting folders. Be sure to back up your encryption keys.

For secure drives, you can check out TrueCrypt or VeraCrypt for this. It's a free open source solution that'll work on multiple platforms.

if someone logs in to my reddit acct for example from another country, will it stop them? even if they know my reddit PW?

No, 1Password does not have control over what Reddit does on their servers, only Reddit can handle its security for you. 1Password protect your data on the local device and make it easy for you to store all of your Login information in one encrypted database. It also helps you generate randomized passwords for each site and remember it for you, so you don't reuse the same password on another site, which protects you as well. If you reuse your Reddit's password on another site and that site got breached, someone could use it on Reddit.

• tony_smith23
    tony_smith23
    Community Member
    Options

ok cool

• MikeT
    Options

If there's anything else we can help with, let us know.

This discussion has been closed.