Syncing 1Password.opvault with 1Password 3.8.22 on OSX10.7.5

I am using 1Password 6.2.1 Mac App Store very successfully. Is there a way to sync this 1Password.opvault data with a legacy MacBook Air running OSX10.7.5 and 1Password 3.8.22? I tried Dropbox, but the MacBook won't read the .opvault file.

1Password Version: 6.2.1 and 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.4 and OSX10.7.5
Sync Type: any
Referrer: forum-search:Can 1Password.opvault files be synched with 1Password 3.8.22?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RCBaxter: I'm sorry for the confusion! 1Password 3 predates the existence of OPVault, so it simply cannot read it.

An alternative is to switch to AgileKeychain format by disabling sync in 1Password Preferences > Sync, and then unchecking Help > Tools > Enable OPVault. That way when you re-enable sync, an AgileKeychain will be created, and you can set each of your devices to use it instead.

I will also recommend that you use 1Password 3 as a 'reader' and not make changes there. While 1Password 3 can read the AgileKeychain vault, it cannot read or write the newer data structures used in 1Password 4 and above and that could cause some headaches for you.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

• RCBaxter
    RCBaxter
    Community Member

Thanks. Worked perfectly. I am planning on using the legacy MacBook Air as a read-only device.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RCBaxter,

I’m so glad to hear that Brent’s advice got you all set up!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.