Can't authorize Windows 10 version (license file does nothing) moving from mac.

Options

Why won't my downloaded license file authorize the new installation in Windows 10? Moving from mac, very frustrated.

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS X
Sync Type: DROPBOX
Referrer: kb:extension-troubleshooting, kb:forgot-master-password, kb:switch-from-mac-app-store

Comments

• Bannon
    Bannon
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Okay, JUST FOR STARTERS, I can open the program and my information but only in demo mode. In order to ask this question, I had to register with this website. Out of habbit, I created a strong password to do so. BUT, since it's in demo mode, after registering, the program tells me it won't remember the password / login information I just created. THESE ARE THE LOOPS webdesigners with the IQ's of monkeys can't predict, and which make your customers SCREAM WITH RAGE.

IT IS BEYOND BAFFLING how your security is set up. Apparently, I can have license keys which seem straightforward and conventional (THOUGH WHEN TRYING TO INSTALL THE PROGRAM IN A NEW OS YOU DON'T BOTHER TELLING THE CUSTOMERS WHETHER TO INCLUDE THE HYPHENS OR NOT, SO WE GET THE PLEASURE OF MANUALLY TYPING THE LENGTHY PASSWORDS MORE THAN ONCE) or you have some kind of weird license file that you download and execute, but which is totally useless as it accomplishes nothing in registering the software. It can't even find the program half the time. All of this confuses login procedures, which will now be double confused by a new registration for the website with a password that's lost.

It's basically a giant monkey [removed by moderator]. I suggest you put, on the front of the ap's page, a clear explanation of the difference between license passwords and non-functional license files. It's SO FRUSTRATING that really one fantasizes about getting some high level executive who's responsible for this hairball of confusion [redacted]. NOT one part of moving from mac to windows 10 has worked easily. I have NO IDEA where to start to get this crap working. Maybe a functional license file, or you could simply use password keys which seem to work fine for most companies.

[Edited by AgileBits staff to remove threatening and obscene language.]

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• justanotherokie
    justanotherokie
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, Mac to Windows is a pretty big disappointment, and a major step down. The Beta 10 looks pretty good but crashes and looses track of the vault. I've been saying just give it a little more time but my patience is coming to an end.

I've come to find out that Windows is done with Delphi. It's a real Po' Boy RAD tool. Me thinks the team that wrote it quit, and went on to fame and fortune developing the Obamacare interfaces leaving Agilebits stranded. That's why there haven't been any updates for a while.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bannon: That reminds me of going for a swim in the Lete River — very disorienting! I apologize for the confusions there. A 1Password for Mac license isn't valid for 1Password for Windows. The Windows desktop app uses a license key, not the license file. I'll send you a private message with some additional information, so be sure to check for that and let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

@Bannon: I've merged the two discussions you created together to avoid further confusion, and removed some of the less-than-appropriate language you chose.

To be clear, we rarely censor comments here on the forums. We prefer to avoid doing so, and I personally don't like doing it. But we need to keep the forums as friendly as possible for the wide range of people that visit, and that means refraining from using obscene, violent, and otherwise rude language here. Please keep that in mind in the future. We're happy to have you here, so long as you can adhere to the guidelines:

Forum guidelines

And after all, we're here to help, and there are things you can do to facilitate this:

Help us help you

I'm really sorry for the frustration and confusion you experienced trying to migrate to Windows, and hopefully my earlier comments were helpful. Feel free to contact us at support@agilebits.com as well if you prefer email, or if you have more sensitive questions about your license. If there's anything else I can do to assist, just let me know. :)

ref: UYJ-14953-479

This discussion has been closed.