How do I export only one item from 1Password into tsv?

twojtyniak
twojtyniak
Community Member

I am trying to export the entire contents of a secure note to a tsv file. When I do so it only exports one small piece of the data.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:export

Comments

• Hi @twojtyniak ,

Is it cutting off the actual notes data, or is it missing custom fields you've added to the entire note item itself?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• twojtyniak
    twojtyniak
    Community Member

Sort of a hybrid. The export contains one line containing a password (without the custom field name), the name of the secure note and then "Secure Note"

• Hi @twojtyniak ,

I'm sorry for the confusion surrounding export. I looked into exporting a bit. Custom fields are not currently exported in anything other than 1pif format. One of the reasons for this is that different notes may have different custom fields so exporting multiple notes may result in an unwieldy export file. I realize you are only exporting one, but it is the same mechanism for exporting. We are looking at improving that in the future.

It sounds like you have note information stored in custom fields rather than the notes field. But for now, your best option might be to copy the data into the actual note field (where "Secure Note" is entered right now) and then re-exporting.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.