Duplicate items and missing data

Wmenges_BlueCode
Wmenges_BlueCode
Community Member

I currently collaborate with another user with a mutually shared Dropbox folder. He is using Windows 10 and the latest version of 1Password, I am using Mac El Capitan with the latest version of 1Password. Almost all of our items are in the form of Secure Notes.

First Issue: We have found that over the past year or so there are notes that will get duplicated and then contain different items from that point on as one gets edited and the other doesn't. Neither of us are creating these secondary notes. If you right click a note and select "Duplicate" a duplicate copy appears, but appends "- Copy" to the end of the note. In this case none of the duplicate notes have "- Copy" at the end of them suggesting these aren't just done by mistake.

Second Issue We're finding that data gets doubled in certain notes. Our data will have a triple = sign at the bottom of it and then all that data is then copied below it again. Sometimes 3 or 4 times. In each note this occurs, the bottom of where we last entered data always has === at the bottom before the data is copied below it. This is very frustrating as we often append the newest data to the bottom of the list and aren't sure where the last known good data is.

Third Issue In rare occasions data is simply disappeared from notes. In these cases it is not a matter of someone forgetting to click Save and the Resume Editing button being there instead. There is data both of us have used in some cases that is no longer there when we go back to it despite it not being edited in the mean time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Wmenges_BlueCode ,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with duplication of notes (and disappearing). I suspect a sync conflict is the culprit in all of these cases. Note that when you see === that means there has been a sync conflict. 1Password will duplicate the data in the notes field and separate it by ===. But it should only do that when the notes are different, not the same.

I notice you didn't fill in the version number. What version of 1Password for Mac are you using? Also, what version of 1Password for Windows are you using?

Finally, to fully investigate what happened, the next time this happens, I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. Also include the date and time, and what happened.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Regards,
    Kevin

• Wmenges_BlueCode
    Wmenges_BlueCode
    Community Member

Hi Kevin, I appreciate you getting back to me. I'm using 6.2.1 and the Windows user is on 4.6.0.604. I'll see about getting those logs to you.

• Wmenges_BlueCode
    Wmenges_BlueCode
    Community Member

Support ID: #LKK-15626-639

• Wmenges_BlueCode
    Wmenges_BlueCode
    Community Member

I appreciate your response. I'm using version 6.2.1 on Mac OSX. The other user is using 4.6.0.604 on Windows.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Wmenges_BlueCode,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: LKK-15626-639

This discussion has been closed.