Cannot access 1P html file in Dropbox

Options

I tired I to open 1password.html file from Dropbox but I get a message " Problem loading date file a key data file couldn't be loaded and 1passwordAnywhere cannot continue without it" any idea?

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ghamrihh,

1Password Anywhere is not being supported anymore, you can read the official announcement by Dave Teare on this post. It covers the details of why this decision was made and the alternatives you have to access your data. I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this change might cause you.

Please don't hesitate to ask if there's anything else that we can help you with! :chuffed:

• ghamrihh
    ghamrihh
    Community Member
    Options

Does that mean I have to sign up for Family membership? One of the main reasons I decided to go with 1password was it's a one time fee. Now with the latest changes, I have to keep paying $5/month!! Is that what you are saying?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ghamrihh: No. You certainly don't have to pay a subscription, and I wouldn't encourage you to do so if you try 1Password Families and you don't feel that it provides a value to you. In that case you can either not use 1Password Families at all and continue using the standalone app, or simply let the trial run out and use your 1Password Families account "frozen". You'll still have access to the web interface, but your account will be read-only.

• ghamrihh
    ghamrihh
    Community Member
    Options

That is good news. Any link to the steps that guide me to to do so is higly appricated

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ghamrihh: Absolutely! You can signup for 1Password Families here:

1Password Families

And this will walk you through getting started:

Quick Start: 1Password Families

Finally, you can migrate some or all of your data to your 1Password Families vault(s):

How to migrate to a family or team

That will allow you to try the web interface, sharing, and device setup — no sync required! Just be sure to hang onto your existing vault(s) (or a backup of your data), that way if you decide that you want to stick with the standalone app you can pick up right where you left off. And we're here for you if you have any questions. :)

• ghamrihh
    ghamrihh
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the helful relpy and the prompt response

• MikeT
    Options

On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome.

• ghamrihh
    ghamrihh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty,
    I created the Family Team with no incident, then I i
    Installed Windows 10 beta & accessed Dropbox where all my PWs are it is now imported to 1pw Winowds 10 beta version all is well,however, I have the following questions:
    1-Category Passwords is displayed as 005!! not a show stopper but I thought I'd bring it to your attention
    2-Do I still use 1PW application v. 4.6.0.604 along side with the Windows 10 beta? Or what?
    3-All my passwords are now in the beta app but not on my web site what did I miss?

After all this whole ordeal is to have my PWs on the web

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ghamrihh,

1. This is a known issue, it will be fixed soon to reflect the actual names.
    2. Yes, you can make changes to your local vaults in 1Password 4 for Windows and the beta app will update its local vault, which you would then have to migrate it to your 1Password Account like you did now.
    3. Did you migrate the data to your 1Password Account? Opening the local vault isn't enough, you must migrate it. This article will explain how.
  • ghamrihh
    ghamrihh
    Community Member
    Options

Guys,
    I am lost now. Here is the situation (all Windows/iPhone)
    Windows side
    1. I have 1password app v.4 installed on my Win10
    2. I singed in for Family Team, now I have xxx.1Password.com (empty)
    3. I installed Win10 Beta, singed in:
    a. and joined a team
    b. Opened Dropbox
    c. The app immediately recognized my PW vault file and opened it. Now I can see all my Password but it’s on Dropbox not on my Personal account

I failed to see a way to import/migrate the data to my personal vault.
    The link https://support.1password.com/teams-families-migrate/win.html, you provided did not help as the screen shots are not the same in the beta app. HELP is needed here
    iPhone side
    4. I updated my iPhone 1PW app to v.6.4.1
    5. I singed in to my family account using the iPhone. Now as far as the vaults are concerned on my iPhone, I have
    a. All Vaults; (all my PWs are there)
    b. Primary; (all my PWs are there)
    c. Personal (nothing is here) there is a + sign on the upper right hand side say Create your first item
    d. Shared; (nothing is here) which I understand

I believe that once the Windows part is resolved the iPhone part will be clearer

One last thing, I would like to express my thankfulness and appreciation for introducing your customers the passphrase concept and procedure. Prior to this experience, I admit that my master password was the weakest link in all of this but not any more. Thanks to you.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ghamrihh,

I apologize for the confusion with the guide, we've just shipped a big update that redesigned the interface a bit in 1Password Beta for Windows 10 and our guide hasn't been updated yet.

Here's how to do this:

1. Open 1Password Beta, unlock and switch to your Dropbox vault
    2. Right-click on the middle item list to click on Select All to select all items.
    3. Click on the Share button on top to select the 1Password Families vault you want to migrate the data to

• ghamrihh
    ghamrihh
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you that Helped to migrate the data to my personal Vault except for the Password Category (6 items) which I mentioned earlier it showed as category 005 not the name “Password”. This needs to be addressed please.
    Other questions
    1. On my iPhone there is a new 1PW icon on the upper left hand side once pressed I get to the Vaults page my question should I choose Primary, or Personal?
    2. On iPhone; Settings>Vaults Should I continue to sync with Dropbox? Or Dropbox is ruled out?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you that Helped to migrate the data to my personal Vault except for the Password Category (6 items) which I mentioned earlier it showed as category 005 not the name “Password”. This needs to be addressed please.

@ghamrihh: Yep! It's on our list. :)

1. On my iPhone there is a new 1PW icon on the upper left hand side once pressed I get to the Vaults page my question should I choose Primary, or Personal?

It sounds like you may have a local vault on your iPhone from before you signed up for 1Password Families. That would be the "Primary" vault. The "Personal" vault is in your 1Password Families account. More on that in a bit.

1. On iPhone; Settings>Vaults Should I continue to sync with Dropbox? Or Dropbox is ruled out?

If you want to continue using local vaults along with 1Password Families, you can choose to sync them with Dropbox. 1Password Families vaults, however, are hosted on 1Password.com and cannot be sync'd via Dropbox. I use both myself, but I recognize that not everyone wants or needs a complex setup.

After you've used 1Password Families for a bit, you can decide if it's something you'd like to continue using, and if you'll be using local vaults as well. We can help with any questions you might have about that setup, or if you want to some housekeeping and use only 1Password Families going forward. :)

• ghamrihh
    ghamrihh
    Community Member
    Options

OK!. Just to insure that I understand. Until you resolve the category naming I should continue to "point" "choose", whatever name is appropriate, to Primary, which will sync to Dropbox. after resolving the pending issue I should always choose "Personal". which is the ideal set-up. Please not not that my personal preference is to minimize the house keeping so I will stick with the Families Team "Personal" valut

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ghamrihh: The "ideal" setup depends on your preferences, but since you'd prefer to use only 1Password Families to keep things simple (no managing sync settings for individual vaults), then I think that's a good game plan. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.