I just got upgraded to Windows 10 and now 1password does not work

Options

When i try to get 1password to fill in data I get an error saying 1password helper is not available. When I try to start an app from 1password nothing happens.

1Password Version: 2016.5.1000
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: ICloud
Referrer: forum-search:I just got upgraded to Windows 10 and now 1password does not work

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BruceWaldman: Indeed. I'm sorry for the confusion there! You can use the 'globe' icon in the item details to fill login credentials in the built-in browser in the 1Password for Windows 10 beta app, but make sure you have the latest version from the Windows Store. It looks like you're using an old version:

1Password for Windows 10 (beta)

And only the 1Password for Windows desktop app can integrate with other browsers currently. You can download it from the AgileBits website:

1Password downloads

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• BruceWaldman
    BruceWaldman
    Community Member
    Options

OK - I took you advice and downloaded 1Password for Windows. My vault however was created on an Imac and resides in Icloud and its not vlear how to get there from windows 10. In anycase when I go to help/ add a license - and type in my account key it tells me it is invalid.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @BruceWaldman,

Please be very careful with your Account Key, that's your second password that should not be entered or shared anywhere outside of 1Password's login page when it ask for your master password.

Your Account Key is not the license key and 1Password Account do not come with licenses. As soon as you log in with your 1Password Account, the 1Password apps automatically becomes registered.

1Password 4 for Windows does not support 1Password Accounts, so you can't use it as part of the subscription. However, that will change in the new 1Password 6 for Windows app we're working on.

You said your vault was created in the Mac version and is sync'ed via iCloud. I am confused, 1Password Families does not use any external sync services like iCloud. Are you saying you have a local vault outside of 1Password Families that's being sync'ed via iCloud?

This discussion has been closed.