Feedback on the new 1Password desktop beta [Please create a separate thread for new feedback]

Options
2»

Comments

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile nice, will there be a QR code system like in the mac version in the feature? And also I am not getting the updates :( (Because of CDN, not updating)

• yes, we look forward to actually do QR in a better way, but we need to give some love to stability and browser integrations first ;)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile Can't wait for the Browser part :chuffed: That would really make my day if I see this in the changelog. Belive me I would freak out :dizzy:

Edit: Oh and by the way do you have news about the broken Add button for new entries?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ntimo,

The cache is failing to show the latest file again, we've informed our network guys and they'll take another look.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT maybe not using the cache would be more "reliable". Just as an idea :chuffed:

• MikeT
    Options

We use the same cache for everything else, it's reliable almost all the time but for some reason, it doesn't like this specific file. It just needs some tuning by our network team or by the CDN provider.

In addition, without the cache, there's no load-balancing, no endpoint server, meaning that a lot of people would see slow downloads as it'd be served from one server in USA instead of one from their area.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Yes ok that really crazy :blush: And you are right about the slow downloads. I just thought that would be kind of fast solution ;)

• MikeT
    Options

I understand but you recall what happened when we changed the URL, it broke the app and you had to reinstall it. We have no intentions of making that mistake again :silenced:

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Ok, yes I haven't thought of that sorry :+1:

• MikeT
    Options

:+1:

• CDN is kind to us again!
    I'll go and do something more to publish later, hopefully it will be updating everything faster now.

P.S. check out QR scanner in desktop app ;)

• orangevan
    orangevan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Sergey, I will!

• Cheers, @orangevan!

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

Checked it out, works very very well :+1:

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

In version 2016.5.2002d the shared vault does not show a icon. Maybe because I have a custom icon? In the previous version the standard vault icon was shown.

Edit: after a restart of the program the bug is gone :)

• We made few steps back with icons (especially rich icons), it's best to stabilize app faster and focus on extensions than spend time to fix all intricate issues with system not decoding images or locking cache files. Categories and items are using fixed set of images, vaults may still use the downloaded ones. I'll do another pass and provide default icons only with next update, we will be back to custom icons later for sure.

• Dig_Doug
    Dig_Doug
    Community Member
    Options

Can't install 1Password 6 Beta on my Windows 8.1 PC. I've downloaded through your link, started the install process. It finishes its download process, then opens a large, blank window then reports that the app has crashed. The log file is below.

I've uninstalled, rebooted the PC, then reinstalled with the same results :(

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop
    Problem Signature 02: 2016.4.1806.0
    Problem Signature 03: 573f2b15
    Problem Signature 04: AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop
    Problem Signature 05: 2016.4.1806.0
    Problem Signature 06: 573f2b15
    Problem Signature 07: 72d
    Problem Signature 08: d
    Problem Signature 09: System.MissingMethodException
    OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.4
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: d11c
    Additional Information 2: d11cba02e435785ca1b281f96f8c34a4
    Additional Information 3: 0a46
    Additional Information 4: 0a469ddf06d14e19aef03c5e3a4faa3b

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

First of the new option to add logins and also add logins in All Vaults works like a dream ;) Maybe now when you unlock 1Password we should be automatically in all vaults ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dig_Doug: We're investigating the issue and I've replied to your other post, so we should continue that discussion there.

@ntimo: You're right! We want All Vaults to be more prominent, but it's nice to at least have the option available finally. ;)

• MikeT
    edited May 2016
    Options

Please do create a separate thread for each bug report or feedback, we don't want this single thread to cover everything. This allows us to easily follow up on each bug report/feedback when we do fix things.

I'll close this thread for now and thank you everyone for the initial feedback. Please keep them coming in the new threads instead.

This discussion has been closed.