generate master password

gpfarah
gpfarah
Community Member

Just purchased 1Password. After opening on my MAC I'm asked to enter Master Password. How do I get one? "Generate" or "new user?" not listed. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:pro-features-faq, ug:mac/, ug:mac/quick-start, kb-search:enter master password, kb:strong-master-password

Comments

• Hi gpfarah,

It sounds like you may have run an earlier copy of 1Password on your Mac some time in the past. To start over, follow the instructions here:
    https://support.1password.com/starting-over/mac.html

Once the old 1Password data is removed, you should be greeted with a setup screen where you can choose your own Master Password.

• gpfarah
    gpfarah
    Community Member

Super helpful! THANKS!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gpfarah,

I’m so glad that Chad’s reply helped you get back on track. If you have any other questions about 1Password, we’re here for you! :)

• gpfarah
    gpfarah
    Community Member

Do you have an instructional video? Step-by-step process to get set up?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gpfarah,

Our User Guide will walk you through the process of setting up 1Password on your Mac.

You can also find tutorial videos on our YouTube channel, if you prefer a visual approach. :)

• gpfarah
    gpfarah
    Community Member

hooray for visuals! thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Megan, you're most welcome! If you ever have more questions about 1Password, please don't hesitate to ask - we're always glad to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.