i was having trouble with my new iMac so the tech had me log on a user acct. everything works great

dpanblackmon
dpanblackmon
Community Member

i was having trouble with my new iMac so the tech had me log on a user acct. everything works great but when I open 1password it acts like I am opening a new acct. How do I get the files/info from my 1password acct to show up on this new login?

1Password Version: 1password6
Extension Version: 3.36.56PM
OS Version: osxx el capitan 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:i was having trouble with my new iMac so the tech had me log on with a new user acct. everything works great but when I open 1password it acts like I'm opening a new acct. How do I get all my 1password files to show up on my new login?

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @dpanblackmon,

So you mean that you had to create a new user account on your machine? Your data would therefore be in your previous user account. You woundn't want your 1Password data available to any account on your machine right? :chuffed:

So if you aren't using that account any longer, I suggest you setup this new account with your 1Password data. If you are syncing over iCloud as you say under "Sync type:" the easiest thing to do would be to just enable iCloud syncing when you setup 1Password on this machine.

If you are still getting the first launch screen you can click on "find it elsewhere" and then select iCloud to start with your data off of iCloud:

If you already set up 1Password without syncing, you can just go to Preferences > Sync and then select iCloud as your sync type.

Hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.