Windows 10 Sync issue [Sign in to 1Password Account in all 1Password apps to get data immediately]

TheKiwiAbroad
TheKiwiAbroad
Community Member
edited June 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I've just signed up with a families account and installed the Windows 10 beta app on my laptop. I've added some logins to my personal vault and would now like to sync this with my Android app.
The guidance for syncing from Windows does not appear to be correct for the Windows 10 app. Regardless, in Windows 10 when I click the Settings icon --> Sync, nothing happens... Nothing is visible on my Android app when I search under WiFi sync.

I have reinstalled both the Android app and the Windows apps and tried turning off Antivirus software, as well as stepping through much of the guidance outlined here. It appears to be the Windows 10 app that is at fault, not my network.

Any help greatly received.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 1Password Beta 2016.5.2500u
Sync Type: Wi-Fi (I wish)...

Comments

• Hi @TheKiwiAbroad,

The article you've linked to is referring to the local Wi-Fi sync in the 1Password 4 for Windows program. 1Password beta for Windows 10 you're using right now does not support Wi-Fi sync at the moment.

If you are using a 1Password.com Account (1Password Families/Teams), then you don't have to do anything for syncing, it should be all done automatically for you in the background as soon as you sign into your 1Password account in all 1Password apps.

In this case, make sure you sign into your 1Password Account in your Android app; unlock 1Password on the Android device and go to Settings > Accounts to add your 1Password Account. Once you do, it should pick up your 1Password data from the Windows program.

• TheKiwiAbroad
    TheKiwiAbroad
    Community Member

Ah-ha! Thanks very much indeed. I have hooked up my account now. I had not realised that is how I would be syncing my accounts :| .

Thanks again! :)

• Hi @TheKiwiAbroad,

I'm glad to hear that and you're welcome. We are working on improving the experience in all apps, so it is clear that you can just sign into your 1Password Account and let us handle the rest.

• TheKiwiAbroad
    TheKiwiAbroad
    Community Member

I guess one thing that might be more helpful in the android app regarding linking accounts is the fact that the icon I tapped says "1Password for Teams" and not "1Passwird for Teams/Families".

It's a minor issue, but a helpful clarification.

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TheKiwiAbroad: You're absolutely right! This is something we're improving in beta right now. After all, just because 1Password Teams was first doesn't mean it's more important than our 1Password Families. Thanks for the feedback! :chuffed:

• TheKiwiAbroad
    TheKiwiAbroad
    Community Member

A further question regarding the Android app (I know I should start a new thread)...
    I can't see any of the Documents that I uploaded on my PC in the Android app. Is this something I am doing wrong or does the app not support viewing my documents library?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TheKiwiAbroad: I'm very sorry for the trouble there! Documents are still in the very early stages on Windows, and they haven't yet been added on Android. But it's something we're working on for both platforms.

This discussion has been closed.