New Large Type Anchoring Not Working (For Me)

ings
ings
Community Member

In https://blog.agilebits.com/2016/05/25/1password-6-3-for-mac-the-passion-project/ it's stated that

Simply drag the window and it will become an anchored window that won’t disappear

This doesn't work for me unless I've previously anchored the parent window. After the drag it looks like a normal window, as per the animation in the link, but the large type window quickly vanishes once the mouse pointer moves elsewhere.

Am I missing a step or is this a bug? I'm up level on all of 1Password, the Safari extension, and El Capitan. Thanks.

Dave Ings

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ings,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the Large Type feature in 1Password mini! Don't worry, you're not missing anything - as you suspected, this is a bug. To be clear, it works as expected in the main 1Password app, and it works in 1Password mini if you anchor the item details first. But if you use Large Type from 1Password mini without anchoring the item first, it will disappear as soon as you click somewhere else.

I apologize for the inconvenience! I don't have a timeframe for when this will be fixed, but in the meantime, you can use the workaround you found (or you can use Large Type from the main app). If you have more questions about that, please let us know. We're always happy to help! :)

ref: OPM-4152

• stukey
    stukey
    Community Member

@ings I have the same issue. The anchoring doesn't work for me either. I use the large type option to display the password, drag the window until it becomes a regular OS X window and then as soon as I click elsewhere the large type password window disappears. This is on OS X 10.11.5 with 1PW 6.3.1 and extension version 4.5.6.

• stukey
    stukey
    Community Member

@Drew_AG Sorry I didn't see your reply confirming that this was a known bug before I wrote my reply to @ings. My content blocker (1Blocker for OS X) was blocking all the replies on the page! I've now white-listed agile discussions.agilebits.com.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@stukey thanks for letting us know this is affecting you as well. Like Drew_AG said, this is a known issue, and if you use Large Type from the main app it should persist long enough for you to get everything you need. :)

• stukey
    stukey
    Community Member

Thanks @nmott. It would be really great to get this fixed ASAP. So many sites are requesting just certain characters from passwords these days so using the "Large Type" option that shows the character numbers is really handy and the "anchored window" behaviour is really useful.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@stukey I apologize for the inconvenience! We'd also like to get this fixed as soon as we can, although I don't have a timeframe for that. In the meantime, as nmott mentioned, you can use the large type option from the main 1Password app and that should work as expected. Or if you use large type from 1Password mini, just be sure to anchor the mini window first (by clicking the anchor button or by using the ⌘O keyboard shortcut), and then when you open a password in large type it will also work as expected (i.e. moving the large type window will pin it so it stays there until you close it).

I'll let our developers know you're also running into this issue. If you need anything else, please let us know. Cheers! :)

ref: OPM-4152

This discussion has been closed.