Logon credentials not found from browser, but are in 1Password

I have a website that 1Password can't find the credentials for while I am in the browser. 1Password won't come up when I use the key combination and if I open it using the toolbar icon and search for the website it can't be found. If I open 1Password the logon is present (and I can search for it) and if I manually copy the information into the webpage, it works fine.

Windows 10, Chrome (Version 51.0.2704.79 m), 1Password 4.6.0.604,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:missing logon

Comments

• Hi @stevewoo,

Can you open the main 1Password program, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Preferences > Logins. Is Enable Multiple URLs checked or grayed out? If it is not checked, please check it and press OK to save it.

Try again, does it work better?

• stevewoo
    stevewoo
    Community Member

It was not grayed out or checked. It is now checked. No difference. I do have two URL's specified. (I put the 2nd one in after the first one didn't work.)

• Hi @stevewoo,

Would it be possible to email us the site's address if you need privacy or if not, tell us here? If you'd like to go the email route, please email us the site's address at support+windows@agilebits.com with your forum username and the link to this thread included, so we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you sent the email, so we can confirm we got it.

• Hi @stevewoo,

Thanks. That's weird, I am not seeing any issues here. Could you try saving the login manually like this;

1. Enter your username and password but do not submit the form yet
    2. Click on the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar and go to Settings > Save New Login
    3. Make sure you choose to create a new Login item instead of replacing for now.
    4. Refresh the page and ask 1Password to fill in that new Login item, does it work?
  • stevewoo
    stevewoo
    Community Member

Two things:
    1. I was not prompted to update a login or create a new one. It overwrote what was there without asking.
    2. The keystroke combination did bring up the menu and still not searchable. (ok, three things)

So, I deleted the entry for that website in 1Password, went back to the web site and entered my credentials, then did settings/save. It saved the entry as "Accounts".

The keystroke combination brings up the menu, but accounts is not listed and does not appear in a search... or by searching within 1Password! Ah, but I must have done something wrong because I repeated the above step and now all works fine - I am logged on to the site and it appears in a search in 1Password proper.

Go figure.

• Hi @stevewoo,

That's not good, Save New Login is supposed to bring up the Save dialog, it is not supposed to do anything else.

Could you email us your 1Password diagnostics report, just so we can see if there's anything weird that could explain this: please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• stevewoo
    stevewoo
    Community Member

On the way to you.

• Got it, thanks! I'll reply to your email as soon as I finish analyzing it.

ref: XEB-16611-178

This discussion has been closed.