Can there be a time delay for mini when filling in credit cards?

philomath
philomath
Community Member

Unless I'm not understanding something, here's a suggestion: When filling in credit card info online, some sites need stuff entered manually, or have different formats, e.g., date, CCV code, etc. so you have to flip back and forth between the site entry form and 1P. If there was an option to keep the mini app open, say for 30 seconds, it would be better than having to keep flipping back and forth.

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @philomath ,

That's an interesting suggestion, we'll keep that in mind. In the meantime, have you tried using the keyboard shortcut? Press Command Option \ and it will open the mini. Not only does that save clicking, it puts keyboard focus in the mini as well, something you'd have to take action to do if the mini were to stay open.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• philomath
    philomath
    Community Member

Hi Kevin,
    Thanks for the reply. It would be neat if the Command Option \ could be programmed to open the appropriate credit card - however, I could probably do that with Keyboard Maestro, which I have, although I don't know if that would be as secure. If I'm in my office, the most convenient option I've found so far (with web sites that require manual input) is when I have my MacBookPro plugged into my external monitor. I open 1Password app to my credit card info on one screen, and have the online form on the other screen. Apart from copying and pasting the credit card number, the other info often has to be entered manually, but I can see the CCV/expiry, etc. easily on the other screen to type in. If something that approximates that with the mini app could be done, it would be really convenient for those of us that do a lot of online purchases with various credit cards. Not a major issue but something that would be convenient.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @philomath,

Thanks for the suggestion! The value of having that shortcut available for all of mini, instead of a particular entry, is that it becomes useful in a much wider context. For example, I’ve got more than one card that I fill in on a regular basis, and I also use mini to access my Apple ID when I need to sign in to iTunes. Having the shortcut tied to one of these would limit my options. Here’s my workflow for accessing a card that I need to fill in manually:

• Use ⌘⌥\ ( Command-Option- \ ) to open mini.
    • Start typing the name of the item (Search is automatically active when mini is opened, as Kevin said).
    • Once the correct item is highlighted, I use the arrow key to view the details.
    • Use ⌘O to ‘pin’ the details to my screen.

Now I’ve got a movable window of my item details. It will stay as long as I need it to, and I can click to copy and paste the details that I need. I hope this helps!

• philomath
    philomath
    Community Member

Hi Megan,
    I didn't know about Cmd O to pin the details. That should work nicely and do what I wanted it to - thank you very much for the tip!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @philomath,

Happy to help! :) If you’re a fan of keeping your finders on the keyboard, here’s a full list of 1Password’s keyboard shortcuts to make your workflow speedier:

1Password keyboard shortcuts

This discussion has been closed.