DropBox 1Password.html file no longer works

This process used to work, don't know if an issue with 1Password, DropBox, DropBox config or my system...

On a windows PC, tested in Chrome and FireFox, I log on to my DropBox account, open the 1Password folder and click on the 1Password.html file. In the past, it ran an applet inside the browser which allowed me to easily access my 1Password saved credentials.

This hasn't worked for a little while now. Finally finding time to write it up and ask the question.

DropBox seems that it's trying to load the html file in a 'viewer' or such - not just open it with proper links to sub folders.

Any thoughts? Is this still supported? is there a config I need to change in 1Password, DropBox or my browser?

TIA,
PittCaleb

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox

Comments

• Hi @PittCaleb,

1PasswordAnywhere is no longer supported. Please read our announcement here for more information.

• PittCaleb
    PittCaleb
    Community Member

Thank you for the detailed reasoning.

I will agree that I always have my phone with me. However, my passphrase is quite long & complicated and a royal PIA to type in on my device. As well, getting from 1Password into my apps or mobile web isn't quite as easy as you might think it is. Often opening the website inside of 1Password is unsuccessful as well.

Disappointing. Don't know what I am to do other than start using passwords that are easier to remember for the sites I visit often again.

• MikeT
    edited June 2016

Hi @PittCaleb,

You do still have that option of loading it from a USB drive and bypassing the local file restrictions in the browser as mentioned in the announcement thread.

Is there a reason you can't use the 1Password app on the work computer? One thing you could consider is trying out 1Password 6 beta for Windows app as it no longer requires admin rights and does have Dropbox sync built-in but read-only at the moment.

Of course, there's also 1Password Families that has a powerful web app with full editing support but that does require a subscription plan.

• PittCaleb
    PittCaleb
    Community Member

I didn't even try, presumed my license was only for 1 seat.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@PittCaleb: Sorry for the confusion! If you've purchased a license for 1Password for Windows, you can use that version on all of your PCs. No need to worry about activations or seats. It's yours to use anywhere, and it never expires. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.