1Password Mini not showing 'All Vaults' icon

thislooksfun
thislooksfun
Community Member
edited June 2016 in Mac

Hello,

I have 'All Vaults' set up, but when I open 1Password Mini, the vault icon next to the search bar shows the default icon (or the icon for my primary vault, they're the same), but not the 'All Vaults' color wheel, even though all vaults is the search scope selected. Not a huge issue, but it would be nice to know at a glance exactly what I am searching through.

Thanks,
-tlf
P.S. Sorry if this has been asked before, I was unable to find it.

1Password Version: 6.3 (630032)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5 (15F34)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@thislooksfun: Sorry for the confusion there! I haven't seen it come up before, but this was actually an intentional change. The multicoloured "All Vaults" icon can be a bit distracting, and the text will reflect the current state: "Search 1Password" will include All Vaults, and switching to an individual vault will say "Search (vault name)".

Now, I tend to agree that having the icon there was useful at a glance, but there's definitely a case to be made for each. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

• thislooksfun
    thislooksfun
    Community Member

@brenty: Alright, that makes sense. Still, I would appreciate at least having an option I can turn on to change the default behavior.

Thanks,
    -tlf

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@thislooksfun: Thanks for your feedback on this. It was initially changed as a result of user feedback, but I think that both display methods have their plusses and minuses. We're definitely considering better ways of making the vault state clearer in the future. :)

ref: OPM-3623

This discussion has been closed.