MS Hello Fingerprint support [Available in the latest beta version at Windows 10 Store]

BeniMadhav
BeniMadhav
Community Member
edited June 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Is it planned to active login via fingerprint under W10? Just like it is available on my Galaxy Tab S2? That would be just great.

Thanks a million
Bert

1Password Version: 4.60 b
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W10
Sync Type: OneDrive

Comments

• MikeT
    edited June 2016

Hi @BeniMadhav,

It's already supported in the latest 1Password beta for Windows 10 that's available in the Windows 10 Store. It is an early beta build with your usual beta risks, so don't use it if you don't want the instability at the moment. If you do try it, you can enable Windows Hello support in the settings. We will continue to iterate on the app and expand the use of Windows Hello in the future updates to this beta app.

It's not coming to 1Password 4 for Windows as it's an older win32 app that won't be able to use the Windows Hello APIs as far as we can tell.

• BeniMadhav
    BeniMadhav
    Community Member

Can I run the versions in parallel? Or are the vaults different?

• Hi @BeniMadhav,

You can run it alongside 1Password 4 if you want. The local vaults (.opvault/.agilekeychain) are read-only in this beta app, it won't let you make changes and does not support extensions at the moment. It does let you edit your data in your 1Password account for 1Password Families or Teams services.

• xdruck
    xdruck
    Community Member

Hi MikeT,
    Could you tell when fingerprint logon will be available in general release for Windows 10, please?
    I believe this is must have funcionality to start using your product for many users because of security policies.
    Regards
    xdruck

• MikeT
    edited June 2016

Hi @xdruck,

We don't have a timeframe right now for the first stable release of the Windows 10 Store version of 1Password 6, we are aiming for this year but when exactly, we don't know.

We announced a short while ago on our blog that we're aiming for August for our desktop version, which won't have the fingerprint support.

This discussion has been closed.