Opened 1Password for first time, it's not finding the vault on dropbox [Install Dropbox client 1st]

Options
mtcorrado
mtcorrado
Community Member
edited June 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

i've got 1password on my mac, and have uploaded my vault to dropbox. now i've launched 1password on my win 10 machine. i'm on the start screen, with the 3 options. at this point, isn't it supposed to find my dropbox files? if i try the "i have an existing...", then it looks on my local machine. what am i doing wrong???

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:launched 1password on win 10. it's not finding my vault on dropbox. stuck on start screen. ???

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

if i try the "i have an existing...", then it looks on my local machine. what am i doing wrong???

@mtcorrado: That's right! Just navigate to your Dropbox folder and select the vault there and you'll be all set. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mtcorrado
    mtcorrado
    Community Member
    Options

didn't have dropbox installed and syncing on my local machine, thus, there was no dropbox folder to be found. i'm all set now. thx.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @mtcorrado,

Thanks for letting us know what you did. We are planning to add build-in Dropbox sync to 1Password in the next major version, so that you don't have to install it separately.

• mtcorrado
    mtcorrado
    Community Member
    Options

good - i'm a software QA engineer, so if I couldn't figure it out initially, i'm sure others can't either :)
    thanks!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @mtcorrado,

That's why we'd like to move the sync support deeper into 1Password, so we have a better control on the overall experience rather than depending on third party tools.

This discussion has been closed.