1Password and Windows logon

Hi!
I have one question before jumping on the bandwagon
My outlook.com account is also the account I log on to my Windows PC with. So if I secured it with 1Password, I would basically have to open the 1Password on another device and read the password from there, then type it in to my PC to log in?
Is there something 1Password can do about it, like "superseding" windows logon process?
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited June 2016

Hi @lokki,

So if I secured it with 1Password, I would basically have to open the 1Password on another device and read the password from there, then type it in to my PC to log in?

Sadly, we can't force all OSes to let you log with 1Password as much as we want to. :smile:

You would need to remember the passwords to your devices before you could get to 1Password. We would suggest creating a diceware password (a string of 4 or more random words) that's easier to remember by yourself and you can then store it in your 1Password Emergency PDF Kit in the event that you forget it.

You do have the option to logging in with a different authentication method such as PIN or biometrics depending on what your computer has.

Is there something 1Password can do about it, like "superseding" windows logon process?

No, that'd be a massive security risk. If 1Password could do it, so could malware. This isn't a good idea.

This discussion has been closed.