1Password Windows layout and tiny font.

Options
ashleyk
ashleyk
Community Member
edited June 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have 1Password for Mac, Windows and Android. On the Mac I love it and while the Android version is clearly a work in progress it's heading in the right direct. The Windows version is something I use a lot less often and tend to find it much more frustrating in use than on the Mac.

When I use apps like Photoshop they are essentially identical on both platforms apart from some keyboard shortcuts but the Windows layout of 1Password seems less user friendly than the Mac version and editing is more fiddly. One major aspect of my frustration is the tiny font. Is there a way to make that bigger in the Windows version?

I am not having any issues with font sizes on other apps but there seems to be no way of controlling this inside 1Password. Basically I only use the Windows version these days when I absolutely have to and it feels a long way behind the Mac version. They should really share the same Mac inspired interface for editing, copying and revealing passwords etc.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ashleyk,

It should be using the same font size as your Windows setting, that's where we're getting the size info. However, 1Password 4 isn't Hi-DPI friendly and that could be the cause, are you using a Hi-DPI screen with above 100% size scaling for your font?

The good news is we're working on all of that already for the next major version of 1Password that is focused on typography, consistent 1Password design, Hi-DPI support, and many more. You can get a sneak peek here: https://blog.agilebits.com/2016/06/02/1password-6-beta-for-windows-opens-the-door-to-1password-families-and-1password-teams/

• ashleyk
    ashleyk
    Community Member
    Options

This is a brand new laptop purchased a week ago that does seem to have a sharper display than the old one, so it may well be Hi-DPI. It's just that in all other areas such as settings, browsers and the rest the font sizes are easily legible so it seemed strange that 1Password was the one place where it all looked so small. I'll take a look at the general font settings to see if it can be improved.

I am glad and relieved to hear that the Windows version will essentially be the same as on the Mac that I find so much better organised. Being a team of "one" though who dislikes subscription licensing I hope it will remain possible to buy standalone upgrades for single users. This is the same reason I have stuck with Photoshop CS6 until now rather than moving to CC.

On a different subject I was so glad to see attachments working on the Android with the OPVault. I had some sync issues over Dropbox between different platforms and OPVault has proven much more stable.

• MikeT
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi @ashleyk,

Try this workaround for the Hi-DPI issue: https://support.1password.com/win-high-dpi/

Being a team of "one" though who dislikes subscription licensing I hope it will remain possible to buy standalone upgrades for single users.

Yes, we will continue to offer standalone licenses/upgrades. However, as mentioned in the blog post, that is coming later this year as this first release will mainly be for 1Password Families/Teams customers because there's no app right now on Windows that let you use them. Once we get that out, we'll keep working on the app to add full support for local vaults later this year and licensing support for the standalone users.

On a different subject I was so glad to see attachments working on the Android with the OPVault. I had some sync issues over Dropbox between different platforms and OPVault has proven much more stable.

That's great, thanks for letting us know. We have more updates in the work to continue improving this support on Android and of course, later this year on Windows with the new version.

• ashleyk
    ashleyk
    Community Member
    Options

I went through all the advanced text size settings and increased them from 9 to 10. Everything around the computer was generally a little better except for 1Password so I ran though the workaround in the link but it still looks the same. To put it in perspective I'd say the font size looks to be about 6, so while it's readable it's not comfortable viewing in 1Password. I hope this will be better in the next version of 1Password.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ashleyk,

Could you email us with your 1Password diagnostics report, so we can see what's going on. It should be consistent with the rest of the apps.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• ashleyk
    ashleyk
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Sure I'll do that. Thanks for your help.

• MikeT
    Options

Thanks and you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.