I tried installing the update. "There was a problem while extracting the archive. Please try later

Options

I tried 5X and update won't go through. I've got version 3.8.21 running. What should I do next? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:tried installing the update.. "there was a problem while extracting the archive". tried 5X

Comments

• Hi @merrybruton ,

We've noticed an issue with this and are looking into it. In the meantime, you can download version 3.8.22 here https://agilebits.com/downloads - click on "Using Mavericks or Earlier" and it will show the link to 3.8.22

Regards,
    Kevin

• Anders
    Anders
    Community Member
    Options

HI

I am Anders I tried to download the extension 3.8.22, but my computer MAC couldn't extract the file

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Anders,

In case there was a problem with the first copy of the 1Password-3.8.22.zip file you downloaded, please delete that and download another copy of it from the "Legacy" section at the bottom of our download site. Make sure the download completes, and when it does, double-click that file to unzip it. Does it work this time?

If not, are you using any third party software to unzip that file, or just the default Archive Utility on your Mac? Also, what version of the Mac OS are you running?

Thanks! :)

• Anders
    Anders
    Community Member
    Options

I upgrading to Sierra,mayby it is therefor it doesn't work

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Anders: Indeed, 1Password 3 came out in 2009 and supports Snow Leopard and Lion, so it isn't compatible with Sierra. The best thing to do would be to upgrade to 1Password 6, which fully supports El Capitan and Sierra. This is a paid upgrade if you do not already have a valid 1Password 4/5 license, but it's included in a 1Password subscription, since it will give you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.