Windows support needs to be improved [We're working on it]

Options
sibagy
sibagy
Community Member
edited June 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I spent the last 1h trying to make this work on my windows desktop.
Using it on Mac is a breeze, all flawlessly.
Your company is awesome and I love it, but this latest windows thing, OMG!

WTH are you guys doing?

Using the family account, you download something that does not work (a store app).

I searched around and end up installing v4, only to discover it does not work with my family plan...

End reinstalling who know what, that told me to uninstall and install a hockey version...
And Oh I thought: "Done!" will work know...

Nothing, browser extensions just show "No Matching items found"...

No way to at least add site passwords from browser (and I'm talking Chrome/Firefox, not POS Edge).

Guys, what is going on here?
Please up the game, cleanup the install path ASAP and stop frustrating your users...

Sergio

1Password Version: 6.0.158d
Extension Version: 4.5.7.3
OS Version: 10
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• rogerdodger
    rogerdodger
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @sibagy,

Sorry to hear you are having issue with the Windows App on the Family account.

Have you read through this discussion on Windows and Family Accounts?
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/64591/help-us-welcome-1password-6-to-our-windows-family
    There is quite a bit of information about compatibility concerns that you might want to review. It sounds like things are still in a pretty strong beta stage at this point for the Windows App on the Family accounts.

Also they have setup a Windows Beta Forum for working through any issues with the beta software:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/categories/windows-beta

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sibagy: Indeed, I'm really sorry that you've had a bad experience with the beta! We definitely appreciate you taking the time to test it and provide feedback, but the app is unfinished and there are some sharp edges. You can always use the web interface if you prefer, and then just jump in once 1Password 6 matures and is out of beta (or at least feels less beta).

Nothing, browser extensions just show "No Matching items found"...

Currently the beta's browser integration is only doing exact matching, nothing fancy. We'll be adding more flexibility in the future.

No way to at least add site passwords from browser (and I'm talking Chrome/Firefox, not POS Edge).

We don't have beta support for saving yet, only filling, but we're improving the new app every day so you might not have to wait for long

Guys, what is going on here? Please up the game, cleanup the install path ASAP and stop frustrating your users...

I myself and other here in the forums who are helping to beta test 1Password 6 have had pretty good experiences with installation and updates (especially with the move to HockeyApp). If you're having trouble there please let us know so we can improve it! :)

This discussion has been closed.