Some items are not synchronized

Options

I am using 1Password on my iPad, my iPhone and my Windows PC. New items are syncronized to all devices, which means that DropBox updates fine, but my Windows are missing some old items. How can I force a full synchronization on my Windows PC?

I think the local cache on my Windows PC is the problem.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@osvalgaard: Re-logging into Dropbox may help, but I'd also install a fresh copy of the latest Dropbox app on your PC first. I've found that it gets out of date on my own machines sometimes if I'm not paying attention.

And to be clear, 1Password for Windows version 4 doesn't cache any data; rather, it works directly with the files on disk, so it sounds to me like changes just aren't making their way to your PC from Dropbox in the first place.

If you create a new file in Dropbox on another device, does it how up in your Dropbox folder on the PC?

Alternatively, Dropbox may be creating "conflicted copies" of files in your vault. You can check for those both on the Dropbox website and in Windows File Explorer. Either way, 1Password will ignore conflicts created by Dropbox, so they may be there, only duplicated.

Definitely follow the steps in this guide, as it will help narrow down exactly where things are going wrong:

Dropbox troubleshooting

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• osvalgaard
    osvalgaard
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your replies. AgileBits has just released an update where they have fixed the issue (called OPI-3606)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed! We were able to track down a bug that affected some users and fix it. The update should be available from the App Store to everyone shortly!

This discussion has been closed.