I cannot upgrade to version 6.3.1, it kept asking my Apple ID

zaihai
zaihai
Community Member

when I trying to upgrade to version 6.3.1, it complains the apple ID is not correct. How to find out what AppleID I used to buy this product? Why I can upgrade on my iPhone using the appleID where it complains on Mac OS?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot update 1password

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@zaihai Jason's suggestions are correct. I'd also point out that you'll want to make a quick backup (Preferences > Backup > Backup Now) before you decide to reinstall 1Password, if that's the route you decide to go down.

Unfortunately we're unable to see any details about how you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store -- Apple handles everything on that end. :(

• zaihai
    zaihai
    Community Member

I checked both AppleID, I cannot see 1password application, I don't know what's going on, it's pretty scary given i have all my passwords in 1password. Please help.

I also got this is the Error Message when I searching 1password on my MacBook Air computer

“1Password” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “1Password” and download it again from the App Store.

• zaihai
    zaihai
    Community Member

BTW, I also don't understand (Preference->Backup->Backup now)? which application you referring to? Safari? Mac OS? 1Password?

• zaihai
    zaihai
    Community Member

I tried both my AppleIDs, I got the same Error while trying to upgrade

__Update Unavailable with This Apple ID

This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled.__

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zaihai,

Thanks for that additional information! It's very helpful in understanding the issue you're experiencing.

I don't know what's going on, it's pretty scary given i have all my passwords in 1password.

I'm sorry about the worry and confusion this issue has caused you. First and foremost, I want to reassure you that this shouldn't affect your saved data, which is stored separately from the app bundle on your computer.

BTW, I also don't understand (Preference->Backup->Backup now)? which application you referring to? Safari? Mac OS? 1Password?

That would be in 1Password for Mac. You can access Preferences from the 1Password menu in the menu bar at the top of the screen.

“1Password” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “1Password” and download it again from the App Store.

It sounds to me like you're seeing a familiar App Store bug which is not limited to 1Password. Please try the solutions we've suggested in our announcement post here:

Mac App Store: App damaged / prompted for Apple ID

I also want to mention that this issue only affects apps downloaded from the Mac App Store. You're welcome to switch from the Mac App Store version to the direct version from our website for free at any time, and it will automatically recognize the vault you're using now. Here's how to switch.

I hope this helps! Please let us know how it works out for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.