Stolen mac

robbbbbbbbbbbbb
robbbbbbbbbbbbb
Community Member

My mac book was stolen yesterday. I had 1 password on it. I also have 1 password for my iPhone and iPad that is synced. How do I put 1password on my new Mac and how do I if possible remove it from my stolen Mac. Thanks so much.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @robbbbbbbbbbbbb,

I'm really sorry to hear someone stole your MacBook! Hopefully you had a backup of your Mac so you can restore everything to a new one, but if not, at least you have your 1Password data on multiple devices and can sync that to a new Mac.

1Password doesn't have an option to remotely erase your 1Password data from that Mac, but you can erase that entire Mac remotely if you had enabled 'Find my Mac' beforehand. You can find more information about that on Apple's support site here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph2701

We also have some suggestions and tips about what to do if your device is lost or stolen in this knowledgebase article: My device was stolen. Is my 1Password data safe?

As far as getting 1Password set up on a new Mac, it should be very easy: You just need to download the 1Password app on the new Mac, and during the setup you'll be able to choose the same sync option you've been using for your 1Password data.

To download the 1Password app: If you bought a 1Password license from our AgileBits Store, you can download 1Password from our download site. If you bought 1Password from the Mac App Store, you'll need to launch the Mac App Store, make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to buy 1Password, and download/install it from the Purchased section.

The first time you open 1Password on the new Mac, you'll be able to choose the same sync method you use for 1Password on your other devices. We take you through those steps in the user guide here: Use existing 1Password data on a new computer

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have more questions. Thanks!

• robbbbbbbbbbbbb
    robbbbbbbbbbbbb
    Community Member

Thanks drew, that was very helpful.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @robbbbbbbbbbbbb, I'm glad to hear that Drew got it all covered! Please don't hesitate to ask if there's anything else that you need help with! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.