Browser Extension not working

jFred
jFred
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I just downloaded 1PW for Win beta. I have the app working fine on Win7. I am using the latest version of FireFox (v47). I also installed the latest 1PW browser extension (v4.5.6). I have the 1PW app running and up on the screen. When I try to access the extension, I get the message "No Matching Items Found"

1Password Version: 6.0.165d
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: Win 7
Sync Type: 1PW Family

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jFred: I'm sorry for the confusion! "No Matching Items Found" indicates that the URL of the webpage you're at does not match the URL saved in any of your logins. If you'd prefer to use a specific item on that page, just edit it to add the correct URL and it will show up for you there next time. :)

• jFred
    jFred
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty! I tried again this morning with a number of sites that i DO have in my vault. The URL was an EXACT match, and still getting the same error. I did reinstall the extension last night. Any other thoughts? BTW, all of this works fine on my iMac at home and on my iOS devices.

• @jFred please email us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com with URL that you have in your item and URL that you see in the browser, we will validate that matching logic works correctly. Also please try Browse button in 1Password, it should open site and fill username/login.

Please note that URL editing is temporarily disabled, it's coming back soon with updated item editor.

• jFred
    jFred
    Community Member

Sergey, I did some testing. Using the browse button works, mostly. A number of the URL's in my vault are different than the REAL Url so they do not match and are not filled. On my Mac at home, the matching is MUCH better and works ALL the time. I'm thinking the matching process is different enough on the Win version that many things don't work when compared to the Mac version. Considering this is a beta product, I fine with it for now, but am hoping that matching is refined by the time this is released.

Thanks!

• Hi @jFred,

We need to know about the structure of these URLs (https://a.b.c against https://b.c?), the Mac app is not supposed to fill any URL that do not match, so that should be a bug. However, that depends on what you see as different. Right now, we should be on par with the Mac's style of matching.

If you need privacy, please email us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com with these URL structures, so we can investigate these issues.

• jFred
    jFred
    Community Member

Mike, Will gather up that info an send over. Probably to the email address.

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! We'll get this sorted out. :)

• jabzy
    jabzy
    Community Member

Do I need to uninstall 1password 4 for the browser extension to work with 1password 6 beta?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Do I need to uninstall 1password 4 for the browser extension to work with 1password 6 beta?

@jabzy: Great question! the answer is no, but if you can live without 1Password 4 I'd recommend uninstalling it, only because it will make your life easier. Only 1Password 4 or 1Password 6 can communicate with the extensions at any given time, and — take it from me — manually killing Agile1pAgent.exe ("1Password (32-bit)") in Task Manager can get pretty tedious. ;)

• You can disable the 1Password Helper from starting up automatically if you use the Services tab in the Task Manager and disable 1Password on the list.

That way, you'd need to manually open 1Password 4 to restart the 1Password Helper via the Help Menu.

This discussion has been closed.