It's looking for "helper' file (agile1pagent.exe?) but can't find it. How do I install/point it?

It's looking for "helper' file (agile1pagent.exe?) but can't find it. How do I install/point it to this file?

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: WinX
Sync Type: none yet
Referrer: forum-search:It's looking for "helper' file (agile1pagent.exe?) but can't find it.

Comments

• Hi @RwTrader,

It is installed as a part of 1Password 4 for Windows, it'll be located in your Program Files (x86) > 1Password 4 directory.

Can you confirm what version of 1Password is installed on your PC?

• RwTrader
    RwTrader
    Community Member

Where is the version? I just installed it.

• Hi @RwTrader,

It depends and here's how to figure it out:

Open 1Password, do you see the Help Menu? If yes, go to the Help Menu > About 1Password to get the version info.

If you only see the locked view, unlock the app and click on the Settings button to see the version on the bottom of the Settings menu.

• RwTrader
    RwTrader
    Community Member

Sorry, but how do I unlock the app?

• Hi @RwTrader,

Enter your master password to unlock it.

Have you used 1Password before?

• RwTrader
    RwTrader
    Community Member

No, but I use my master password to get into the program. Does that unlock it? If so, there is still something I need to do. Thanks.

• Hi @RwTrader,

Yes, entering your master password and then being able to see your data means the app is now unlocked. Now, that it is unlocked, click on Settings on top right, and when it shows you the dropdown menu, look at the bottom of that menu, it should show the verison installed like so:

• RwTrader
    RwTrader
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

Ok. Let me show you the steps I go thru because I really am a more experienced user than I am letting on to be:
    1. Go to http://1password.com
    2. Click "Sign In"
    3. Enter my sub directory name
    4. Click "Continue"
    5. Enter Master Password
    6. Click "Continue"
    7. The Home screen looks like this:

8. The only place I see "Settings" is under the Admin Console that looks like this:

9. When I click on Settings, I get this screen:

[personal information removed by moderator]

I am sure it is staring me in the face, but for the life of me I cannot find the screen you refer to. If it matters at all, I just installed the program and extension this a.m. so it should be the absolute latest (excluding beta).

I appreciate your help and hopefully one more stab at it will get the job done...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RwTrader: Ah, I'm sorry for the confusion! That makes things much clearer. Thank you!

In fact, Mike is referring to the beta 1Password Windows app. You appear to be using the 1Password.com web interface — probably for 1Password Families — in your browser. You can install the app itself to enable basic browser integration by following these instructions:

1Password 6 for Windows beta

And also make sure you install the 1Password extension in each browser. That should do the trick. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• RwTrader
    RwTrader
    Community Member

Thanks! That seems to have done the trick!

• On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.