Not able to see web vault on Desktop Application on Windows 10

I have recently purchased "Single Version License". Created vault on web, also installed Desktop application and created vault under dropbox folder.

I am not able to see web vault on Desktop App, and dropbox vault not visible on Website.

Kindly assist, what am I doing wrong ?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.605
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox and web Vault
Referrer: forum-search:not able to see personal vault on desktop application

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

Hi @manish_bangia ,
    Oops, it sounds as if there may be some confusion here. When you activated the "Single Version License" of 1Password, did you add an 'Account'? It looks as if you might have.
    "Accounts" are for 1Password Families. The "Sync with Dropbox" option is meant for (although not restricted to) synching between different devices on the Single User License.
    The two options are entirely separate from each other. 1Password Families accounts are for sharing data between family members and requires a subscription (The trial period is free.)
    As such, what you are seeing is correct — your Dropbox can not see your Families online data (this would defeat the security setup) and your Families Account knows nothing about your Dropbox.
    I'm sure that AgileBits would be more than pleased, if you decided to remain with Families, but that depends entirely on how many people you wish to share your data with.

Hope this helps,
    Rob

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@manish_bangia: Indeed, you'll probably want to use either a 1Password license or a 1Password Families subscription, but not both. "Web vaults" are part of 1Password Families, so if you want to use those, you should stick with that instead. If that's the case, just let me know and we can refund the license so you can subscribe to 1Password Families through the website instead. Otherwise, you'll need to create local vaults in 1Password 4 and store information there instead. Please let me know if you have any other questions, and how you'd like to proceed! :)

• manish_bangia
    manish_bangia
    Community Member

Thanks for the clarification, I understood what exactly is the difference between both. Using 1Password license is my top priority, what exactly benefits I am getting with this license ?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@manish_bangia: Any time! Your license entitles you to use the current version of 1Password on all of your computers to create and manage as many local vaults as you wish with as many items as you like. 1Password Families would be a better option if you wish to be able to access your data through the website, and for you (and your family) use 1Password on all of your devices. :)

This discussion has been closed.