Update 1password on Windows failed

Options

Hi,
I tried to update my 1Password version 4.6.0.598 to version 4.6.0.604 on my windows 7 PC. It fails with an error message "signature is corrupt or invalid".

BR Johannes

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kand31: It's either a damaged download, or something is messing with the secure connection or file itself. Do you have "security" software installed that may be interfering?

• kand31
    kand31
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I do have McAfee installed. Loading down the installer from a different device and transfer it to my PC solved the problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kand31: Thanks for letting me know! That sounds like a bit of a nuisance, to be honest. I wonder if McAfee is interfering with the download on that PC somehow. Similar software sometimes has a "HTTPS scanning" feature that uses a self-signed certificate to perform a person-in-the-middle attack on secure connections, which will prevent you from securely connecting to sites directly; and others prevent Windows from validating the app's signature as well. I'd be interested to know if you're able to narrow down what McAfee is doing in your case.

This discussion has been closed.