Exporting to 1PIF Duplicates Every Login

Options

I am attempting to export to 1PIF as part of the steps to convert to Opvault. For some reason the export creates a duplicate entry for every login in my store. For example, I have approximately 230 logins and the export creates 460 logins. Is this by design? If not, how do I prevent it from creating the duplicates?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RyanL: Thanks for getting in touch! One thing you said really stood out to me:

For some reason the export creates a duplicate entry for every login in my store.

Is that what you meant? For instance, are you able to verify by opening the 1PIF that the export itself has exact duplicate JSON entries for each item?

It sounds like you're following this OPVault migration guide. Is that correct?

Since you left out this information, are you syncing your 1Password data with any other devices? If so, which devices and sync method? I wonder if there's some sync conflict causing this.

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• RyanL
    RyanL
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

Is that what you meant? For instance, are you able to verify by opening the 1PIF that the export itself has exact duplicate JSON entries for each item?

Honestly, I'm not sure what I was doing wrong the first time but I suspect it had something to do with Dropbox sync and the iOS app. Once I disabled sync and tried following the migration guide again, the problem did not reoccur.

Sorry for causing any confusion, but this appears to be a non-issue.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @RyanL,

Ah, I think I know what may have happened. Thanks for letting us know about the Dropbox sync, we'll need to make a note to disable the sync and reset the local file, so it doesn't merge them in instead of using the new vault as the source.

This discussion has been closed.