Cleaning up after "1Password Anywhere"

I've read the posts that say 1Password Anywhere has been phased out, and I'm happy with that. However, in my 1Password.agilekeychain folder that sits inside Dropbox, I still see a file called 1Password.html, and it appears to still gain access to my vault (although I didn't actually type my password in).

I just wonder what the proper way to remove this is - I don't want this feature. Do I just delete that file?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@oldmankit: Yep, though it really doesn't matter since browser changes have effectively left 1PasswordAnywhere "broken"! A security concern with 1PasswordAnywhere is that someone who gained access to your vault could modify the file to try to capture your Master Password...but even if they changed it, if you never open the file and enter your password, that wouldn't work either. 1Password.html doesn't actually have access to anything unless you unlock it. It's just a web fronted to the rest of the data in the vault, which first needs to be decrypted. But if you delete the file from inside your vault, it will become as any new vault created today, which don't include 1Password.html in the first place. I hope this helps! :)

• oldmankit
    oldmankit
    Community Member

Hi @brenty, that's crystal clear. Thank you very much for taking the time to explain it!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @oldmankit

On behalf of brenty, you're very welcome! If you have any other questions or if there's anything else we can help you with, we're always here for you! :chuffed:

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@oldmankit File > Repair 1Password Vault should take of that for you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@svondutch: Thanks, man! I forgot that did it as well! :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.