Can use site online but on my PC it says invalid password

If I login via the web (Chrome) I can unlock my vault
If I try to use the Chrome extension or the add for Windows 10 it says invalid password
Very frustrating - if I can't resolve this can I get a refund

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can use site online but on my PC it says invalid password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Claire_Bell: It sounds like you may be trying to use two separate versions of 1Password and expecting them to accept the same Master Password.

For instance, if you're using 1Password Families (logging into the website, as you described), this does not work with 1Password 4. So if you've installed 1Password 4 on your PC (you can check this in Windows under "Add or Remove Programs" in Control Panel), you'll have set it up with another vault which is entirely separate from the 1Password Account you're using to login to the website. Does that describe your situation? If so, it would be best to uninstall 1Password 4 to avoid further confusion.

Then, you can access your 1Password Families data by logging into the website, or if you're feeling adventurous, you can try the new 1Password 6 beta which we're building for 1Password Families (and Teams). If you already have that installed, it isn't possible to unlock the app from the browser yet. And having 1Password 4 installed too would confusing things in that case as well. Please let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.