Old Family License - can I use on a new windows

I purchased a family package June 19, 2014 and am having issues adding the license for a family member so they can use. I believe I have extra downloads because I have not used them all (account name - Jeffrey K******). I have a mac, he has a windows. Having trouble get it on his windows device. Please help!

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@jkushne1 The "family package" that used to be available for purchase is actually a standalone license that was valid for up to 5 family members. Not to be confused with 1Password Families, which is a monthly subscription where AgileBits will then host your 1Password data.

On Windows, the "family package" you refer to is valid for 1Password 4. I'm afraid you cannot use it for 1Password Families. The latter requires 1Password 6.

In summary, here are your options:

1. Use your license with 1Password 4 for Windows and 1Password for Mac. Sync your 1Password data with Dropbox.
    2. Try 1Password Families for 30 days. You need 1Password 6 for Windows. AgileBits will sync your 1Password data.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016

@jkushne1 One more thing. The family license you have might be a Mac-only license. In other words: it might not be a valid Windows license. I suggest you contact AgileBits customer support here:

support+windows AT agilebits DOT com

They are awesome, and might be able to help you with that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jkushne1: Indeed. Shoot us an email at support+windows@agilebits.com and we'll see what we can do to help with your specific licensing situation. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.