No response from Chrome or Firefox browser button

I am using Firefox (ver 47) and Chrome (ver 51) on Windows. The 1Password button on both browsers don't respond, however, IE (ver 11) works fine. I have tried restarting 1Password Helper, restarting both browsers, restarting Windows, removed and reinstalled 1Password Extensions on both browsers, disabling Malware Bytes. Nothing seems to work at this point. What's the next logical step?

1Password for Windows 4.6.0.604
Extensions 4.5.7
Windows 10 64 bit
Sync Type Dropbox

Dennis

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @denniswa,

Thanks for reaching out.

What you're describing is a pretty surefire sign that something is interfering with the communication between 1Password, the 1Password Helper (a necessary background application) and the browser extensions.
    The most common culprits are antivirus and firewall applications or the use of a proxy server.

You already said that you're using MalwareBytes Anti Malware. Anything else, or maybe a proxy server or VPN?

Cheers!

• denniswa
    denniswa
    Community Member

Hi Alex,

I'm not using any other anti virus. I also checked the Windows firewall, but didn't see 1Password or Agilebits listed their. This machine is not using a proxy server or VPN. The last time I experienced something similar upgrading Chrome resolved both Chrome and Firefox which I wasn't able to explain why that would be. Is there anything specific I should check?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@denniswa: That's very odd indeed. Something is definitely interfering, but we can only really guess without more information. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

This discussion has been closed.