Autofill keyboard shortcuts not working on chrome or firefox (1Password 4 for Windows)

The autofill keyboard shortcut (default ctrl + '\') isn't working for me. I went through everything in https://support.1password.com/keyboard-shortcut-not-working/ as a first check, but no dice. Some details:

1. Manually clicking the browser extension icon works fine; it's just the keyboard shortcut that doesn't work
  2. It doesn't appear to matter which browser I use; by default I use chrome, but I installed Firefox to test and it doesn't work there either.
  3. Changing the keyboard shortcut doesn't seem to help. I've tried various combinations of 'ctrl + ' and 'alt + ' and none of them work.
  4. I've tried reinstalling 1password, the browser extension, and chrome itself without luck.
  5. I don't know when this started exactly, but it was a couple months ago. I didn't dig in at the time assuming it would go away with either a windows update or a 1password update, but unfortunately that hasn't happened.
  6. Digging through 1Password.agent.log, I see no entry when I attempt the keyboard shortcut. Maybe this means a Windows issue? I'm not familiar with how Windows handles keyboard shortcuts..

That's all I can think of to tell you, please let me know if there's anything else I can do or try..

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.7.90
OS Version: Windows 10 v1511
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:keyboard shortcut

Comments

• Hi @0xcolin,

We register the keyboard shortcut with the system but there are things that can assume control of this process.

Do you have any special software installed that is intended to handle keyboard input, dedicated keyboard driver software, or anti-malware software that watches keyboard inputs?

Cheers

• 0xcolin
    0xcolin
    Community Member

@AlexHoffmann That was it!
    Specifically the Synergy daemon was the culprit; I'll file a bug with them to see if there's anything to be done further. Thanks so much for your help! Glad it was an easy fix :).

• You are most welcome.

We've heard of issues like this with Synergy before. You filing a bug report with them would be much appreciated!

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.