1PW beta alsways goes back to the adminvault

Options
vvd
vvd
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello,
the first time I installed and started the app on a family laptop, I locked in with my admin/main account. I prepared a vault for my wife, sen dthe eamil she accepet - everything fine in the browser. Thn I tried to change the account in the windows app - scanned the QR code- everything fine, but now still I can see all vaults, even the admin vaults. If I close the app and restart, it asks me for the main account.
Now I removed everything (looked also for some databeses, could´t find any), reinstalled everything - started the app: it asks me again for the main account. Changing account to the second, it shows again all vaults. Were can i find the database to restart all over again?
Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jhamer
    jhamer
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @vvd,

With regard to starting over, you can rename/move/delete the .sqlite file located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password. That will cause the desktop beta to start fresh on next launch with no memory of your previous attempts or vaults settings.

• @vvd the local database is stored at %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password, just paste this path to Windows Explorer and it will open the real folder.

The app took your first entered password as local master password on your device. You can change it in Settings\Options\Change master password, it changes local master password, it will not change master password on your 1Password for Families Account.

Hope that helps :)

• MikeT
    Options

Just to expand on what Sergey said, this isn't the final design. We do want to let the app change the local database password if you remove the last vault and sign in with a different account.

• vvd
    vvd
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much, know it works.
    First I unistalled the 1Password app.
    Then I deleted the remaining Folder ( that was the problem ) 1Password in the localappdata folder. Then I installed 1PW again and looked in with the local user account - now it shows just the correct vault , not any more the admin vault.
    Perfect. Thanks

• MikeT
    edited July 2016
    Options

That's great to hear. On behalf of jhamer and Serg, you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.