Ive just updated to El Capitan - how can I see what I am typing in logins and edits?

Options

Ive just updated to ElCapitan and think I changed something so I can no longer see what I am typing when entering data into boxes when editing and setting up new logins. (Smetimes get a shadow in teh box which moves) How can I change it so I can see what I am typing?
Ive got no idea about teh version of 1 password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX El Capitan 10.11.5
Sync Type: Drop Box
Referrer: forum-search:Ive just updated to El Capitan - how can I see what I am typing in logins and edits?

Comments

• Julie_Deakins
    Julie_Deakins
    Community Member
    Options

How do I change 1Password so I can see what I am typing in the boxes as I type them?

• Julie_Deakins
    Julie_Deakins
    Community Member
    Options

The version is 3.8.22. Its on an Apple Mac but I also sync to other apple products - phone and pad. I dont want to take a screen shot as the age contains confidential information.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Julie_Deakins as your post relates to 1P3 for Mac I have moved the post from the 1Password for Mac forum to the 1P3 legacy forum where you will get more help.

The best place to start is by reading this sticky at the top of the forum.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Julie_Deakins: Indeed, the old 1Password 3 app isn't compatible with El Capitan, as it was developed and discontinued years ago. But 1Password 6 — which you appear to have a license for already — fully supports Apple's most recent two OS versions (Yosemite and El Capitan), so the best thing to do would be install and register that using the information in your license email...which I've just resent. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• Julie_Deakins
    Julie_Deakins
    Community Member
    Options

I'm really struggling with this. I checked back and see that I updated 1Password to Password 5 in March 2015.
    On the email you sent with the link and direction - click here to apply your license, I get the message that "there is no application set to open the document JulieDeakins-4........onepassword-license".
    I checked on the email confirming purchase o 22/3/15 - I tried resettig the software with the latest license too, but nothing makes any difference. I've downloaded the Knox file but am not sure what I'm supposed to do with it. It has ended up on the bottom margin of the desktop but I cant seem to open it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Julie_Deakins: Knox is a different app. If you're having trouble with that, we can work on that too. But for now let's focus on 1Password.

From your earlier comments, it sounds like you have the old version of 1Password installed still, which won't recognize the newer license file. Did you receive the license email I resent the other day? Just drag the old 1Password app (and any duplicates) to the Trash (don't use a "cleaner" app) and follow the instructions in the email to install and register the current version of 1Password. Let me know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.