Logins in alphabetical or ascending order list

Sometimes I bring up 1PW Windows and list of logins is ascending order. Other times it starts with any order. I can't seem to find an answer.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Chrome 4.5.7.90
OS Version: Win 8.1 or Win 10
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password for windows how to I resort login list in alphabetical order?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Techdoc: If you have Favorites selected on the left, those will be in the order you define, so that me be the source of confusion. And then keep in mind that there are a number of categories or folders (including All Items) on the left that may be selected which would account for the difference — as well as sorting the individual columns at the top of the item list. Either way, I suspect there's some clue that might help us narrow it down. Please let me know what you find! :)

• MikeT
    edited July 2016

Hi @techdoc,

The ordering of the Logins depends on this:

1. Favorited items are always on top
    2. The closer the Login's URL matches the browser tab's address, the higher its ranking and thus, it'll show up first on top. For an example, a Login item with https://www.example.com/login will always be on top if your tab's address has the same address but the Login item with https://example.com will be lower on the list because it doesn't match as good as the first one.
    3. If there is more than one Login item with the same saved https://www.example.com/login, then they'll be sorted alphabetically.
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Techdoc: Ah, I'm glad Mike clarified that. I had thought you were referring to the main 1Password app, but I think he may be right that you meant the browser extension. Let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• srwatters
    srwatters
    Community Member

This certainly doesn't seem to be the case for me. The order is always alphabetical. Favorites are ignored.

Chrome browser: Version 51.0.2704.103 m (64-bit), 1Password: 4.6.0.BETA-607, Sync: Dropbox.

BTW, I also use 1Password on Mac, and the favorites do appear at the top of the list as expected from the same vault.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@srwatters: Now that you mention it, I wonder if we're even talking about the same thing. Can you tell me exactly where you're looking? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure it doesn't include any sensitive information. Also, it shouldn't have any bearing on this, but I did want to mention that Chrome is bit out of date. Be sure to update it!

If I look in the main 1Password app, my Favorites are in a "random" order — which is really just the order I put them in my right-clicking and selecting to move them up or down in the list. And this order is preserved in the browser extension when I go to Favorites. Are these what you're referring to, or are you talking about the general Logins list in the app, which can be sorted by Title, Location, Modified, or Password by clicking the headers? Let me know!

• srwatters
    srwatters
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

Chrome updated to: Version 52.0.2743.82 m (64-bit)

Attached screenshot as requested.

The last entry "My Gotsport" is in my favorites list. As I said previously, it works on the mac version (6.5.BETA-12) & the iOS version (6.4.3). I'm only having this issue with Windows. The Chrome extension is version 4.5.9.1 dated 8/2/16.

• Hi @srwatters,

Since it contained your username, I've deleted your screenshot from your post. Please don't share any sensitive information in this public support forum.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

Thanks!

• srwatters
    srwatters
    Community Member

Email sent as requested... (btw, the username in my attachment is the same as on this forum, so I didn't consider that "sensitive" information :-) )

• MikeT
    edited August 2016

Hi @srwatters,

Yes, but knowing the url of the other forum and that you reuse the same username means that's enough to brute force based on collecting info on your username across multiple sites.

I don't see any emails from you yet. Did you get an auto-reply from our BitBot yet? If yes, can you tell what support ID has been assigned to you, so I can look it up.

• srwatters
    srwatters
    Community Member

SupportID #JVJ-43449-392

• We got it, thanks, and we'll reply to you via email as soon as possible.

ref: JVJ-43449-392

This discussion has been closed.