TOTP generator produces incorrect values

Options
zendnez
zendnez
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Today's beta release reportedly fixed the issue with spaces in TOTP feeds. It's true that spaces are now accepted, but the generator is producing incorrect values with or without spaces.

Details:

• spaces are now accepted and the codes produced with or without spaces are identical
  • codes produced are inconsistent with the codes produced by 1Password4, the 1Password Teams website, and the various client apps I tested (including 1Password on Android)
  • all other generators I tested (including the other 1Password variants) produce identical codes
  • the codes produced by the beta are not accepted by the sites I tried them against

It's broke.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jhamer
    jhamer
    Community Member
    Options

I have to agree with @zendnez, the TOTP codes produced in this new build (6.0.174d) are not valid. They don't match any other platforms, or the previous 173d build.

• That's not the expected behavior, thanks for letting us know!

• @zendnez @jhamer thank you for your reports, please update to 6.0.175 which should have the fix :)

• jhamer
    jhamer
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Confirmed - fixed! At least the incorrect codes part. Didn't mean to take over the original poster's thread.

Thank you :)

• zendnez
    zendnez
    Community Member
    Options

No worries, @jhamer - I appreciated you confirming the issue.

I can confirm the fix, too. Thanks for the quick turnaround.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Sergey and his patented Agility, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that the TOTP codes generated are 100% more useful now. :blush:

It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! ;)

This discussion has been closed.