The new version 176 crashes on startup [Resolved in 177d update]

Options
ntimo
ntimo
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello,
the new version crashes on startup for me. I will send an email with the log files from the system event viewer.

Thx
Timo

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile there is the support id [#ZNA-52379-929]

• virtualmarc
    virtualmarc
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Same happens to me, log shows the following error message:

#Launching... 1Password 6.0.176d. Environment 4.0.30319.42000. OS Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0. Platform Win32NT. 64 bit OS = True. 64 bit process = True. Deleted previous log file. Arguments=. App exception 0x80131522: System.TypeLoadException: Der Typ "AgileBits.OnePassword.ObjectModel.Database" in der Assembly "AgileBits.OnePassword.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e60c02a905adaa94" konnte nicht geladen werden. bei AgileBits.OnePassword.App.<RunAfterDatabaseStartedAsync>d__23.MoveNext() bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine) bei AgileBits.OnePassword.App.RunAfterDatabaseStartedAsync(Func'1 afterDatabaseStartedAsync) bei AgileBits.OnePassword.App.<OnStartup>d__2.MoveNext() in C:\code\onepassword-rt\AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop\App.xaml.cs:Zeile 179. --- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde --- bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state) bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs) bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)!

• Thanks @ntimo and @virtualmarc, we are investigating.

In case you want to revert to previous version please use this link https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/0cb99692bcdb47abb89fad56dfd56d0c/app_versions/52

• dominicwa
    dominicwa
    Community Member
    Options

Just updated. Same here. Crash on startup.

The positive of the situation though... I signed up to the support forum so I could whinge about it. So I'm an active member (whinger) of the community now at least! ;)

Will revert back to prior version until fixed. Thanks!

• We have pulled 6.0.176 out and are investigating what library didn't make it into setup, sorry for the inconvenience.

• dominicwa
    dominicwa
    Community Member
    Options

For anyone else having to roll-back to the earlier version... I seemed to get into a muddle with two versions showing in Windows 10. Installing the older version again didn't fix things UNTIL I went into Programs and Features and uninstalled two/both instances of 1Password. Then I re-installed the older one again and everything is back to before.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @dominicwa,

Thanks for letting us know. Which Windows version are you using? It should be uninstalling the latest update when it rolls back but we'll test this to see if there's a bug in the packaging tool.

• dominicwa
    dominicwa
    Community Member
    Options

@MileT I think I was on 175 before, because I only installed it yesterday (or the day before). Then updated to 176 today. Then possibly I ran the older 175 installer again to revert when finding this thread (rather than uninstalling first). Maybe that was it. Sorry, can't remember the exact sequence of events now.

• MikeT
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi @dominicwa,

Sorry, I should've been more clear; Windows 7, 8.1 or 10, which version are you using?

• MikeT
    Options

We've figured out the problem and are investigating for a solution. It appeared that the updater didn't replace two files correctly, thus leading to the crashes. Clean install of the 176d works fine but not when updating from 175d > 176d.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT do you have any news of when you will republish the update?

• Quite soon, we are finishing few tests as we speak ;)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ntimo,

It's published now. Let us know how it turns out.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Bernfrin,

Thanks for the confirmation. Can you clarify when you got that error exactly, was it after installing the update and opening 1Password?

• MikeT
    Options

Ah, thanks for that. That is an unrelated issue with the installer changing the shortcut. We'll look at addressing that one in a future update.

This discussion has been closed.